The European Roma and Travellers Forum offer internships throughout the year in its headquarters in Strasbourg. We accept applications year round. Interns are selected to work in one or more of the following areas: human rights, gender equality, social development and sustainable development etc.
The work is carried out in English under the guidance of the Head of the Secretariat and/or Outreach officer of the ERTF. Internships can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis depending on the project and the availability of the candidate. While we are not able to provide financial remuneration, the candidates will be insured by the Council of Europe against the risks of sickness and accident for the duration of your traineeship. Please find the insurance details in this link.
Tasks to be performed by the intern:
The intern would support the Secretariat based on ERTF's current work programme. Key activities include, according to the intern competences:
- Monitoring developments related to the Roma communities
- Undertaking specific research concerning Roma communities at EU and national levels
- Drafting factsheets and/or policy position papers
- Attending and reporting on internal and external meetings
- Supporting in the design of conferences and relevant meetings related to policy as appropriate
- Supporting the administrative and logistical work related to ERTF events
- Participating in any other task related to the post as deemed necessary and appropriate by the Head of Secretariat, and Outreach Officer according to the particular skills and competencies of the intern.
- Excellent English proficiency with distinctive writing skills
- Good knowledge of different research methods